Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Need a quick opinion.

Hey, folks. This is going to sound really silly, but I'm seeking some advice. I'm answering some questions for something that I'm working on, and I've been asked to describe my style... and I'm stumped. I'd like to send this questionnaire back by late-morning Philly time (sorry, I have no idea what time that is in England, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Montana, etc - okay, maybe Montana). Anyhow, any words you want to throw out there would be helpful. Good or bad, I can take it. Thanks so much! I'll return to my ir-regularly scheduled programming shortly.

5 comments:

  1. Hi S: it's hard if you have to use simple adjectives (ie one word), but I'd say for sure you have an innovative use of color. Innovative could be one word. Eclectic is really an apt word too, but it's used so much referring to fashion it almost doesn't mean anything anymore. Hmm. What else. You take basic, classic, even retro shapes and mix them very creatively. You accessorize very creatively. Those aren't adjectives. I like how you mix up the seasons, so to speak, like wearing your dark tights with that floral dress. What's that? Innovative again.

    Innovative? Funky? Creative? Colorful? Fresh?

    You can now owe me a second margarita, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you have an eclectic taste with bohemian influences. Very individual and creative style.
    Unique, spontaneous....
    Hope this helps.
    I would find that hard to answer for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artistic, funky, something via your clothes says I did or like the alternative music scene -- I think it's those fabulous black boots you have :) , indie, edgy, resourceful, there's also a sweetness to some of your creations....and definitely creatively unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I think I got here too late to be useful to you (paid jobs are such a bind!!).
    Charlotte and Penny have it spot on, I think. Eclectic, indie, yes, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sallymandy: That was so helpful in getting me thinking. Go ahead and put it on my tab.

    Charlotte: Yes, it is such a hard question! Thanks so much for your input.

    Penny: Hearing my style described as "artistic" made me really happy. "Resourceful" is one that I hadn't thought of, but it's one of my favorites so far.

    Struggler: You're not too late. It's 3:17 and I'm still angsting over some of the questions. I'd normally be at work today too, but theatre schedules are seasonal. Thank goodness, because coming up with non-ditsy answers is taking much long than I thought it would. Thanks so much for your advice!

    ReplyDelete