Monday, March 2, 2009

Matchy-matchy

I'm back! I had a show open on Friday. I'm not going to wax on about the horribly long hours I worked leading up to opening night, because you can read about it all on my regular life (not about clothes) blog.

I didn't take many pictures of what I wore over the last few weeks, usually because I was just getting by enough to put clothes on in the morning, but I have lots of fun outfit photos that I never got around to sharing before the work madness began. And now that I'll be able to work just 35-40 hours per week for the next two weeks like "normal" folks, you can bet that I'll be showcasing all sorts of fun stuff before the work madness starts up again. I'm even going to participate in my first blogging challenge, to style one skirt three different ways on three consecutive days. This is going to be fun. Thanks for the challenge, Jane of WorkThatWardrobe!



Apparently, I love this blue-green/teal color, because I have a lot of items in this color. They are mostly impulse purchases. It feels very cheeky, and very fun, to wear so many of them together.

Sparkly flower hairclip: Claire's.
Sweater: Payhalf.
Insulated vest: Chadwick's.
Sparkly flower ring: Mandee.
Scissors on a string: just something I wear for work.
Skirt: thrifted, probably ten years ago.
Boots: Danskos, as usual.

I also had matchy-matchy bright blue-green earrings in my purse, but forget to put them on. I often pack my jewelry in my purse the night before so that I can put it on while on the bus on way to work, lest I forget to put it on before leaving the apartment. I used to just leave the next day's jewelry in plain sight on my dresser so that I wouldn't forget about it, but since we adopted kitties (one year ago today!), they will steal anything I leave out that has toy potential. And I also worry about the choke hazard, as they like to chew on everything.

2 comments:

  1. I love that blue. I am wishing I had chosen a black skirt now as it seems so much more versatile. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but I disagree... the skirt I'll be using for the challenge this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday is a print! To make it all the more challenging!

    ReplyDelete